For this Tea Tree Soap Recipe we will be using tea tree essential oil which has excellent antiseptic qualities. It is absorbed well through the skin.
Has anti fungal qualities and helps to get rid of bacteria and rashes. It repels insects and has disinfectant qualities. It can be used as a deodorizer as well.
If you have sensitive skin, tea tree essential oil could be irritating for you.
Tea Tree Soap Recipe:
1. OILS. To make this soap we used a combination 4 oils & fats for their beneficial soap properties. Here’s the list of oils including the percentage amount used and their weight in ounces.
a. Olive Oil - - - - - - 40%………...8.0 oz.
b. Canola Oil - - - - - 30%………...6.0 oz.
c. Coconut Oil - - - - 20%……...…4.0 oz.
d. Palm Oil - - - - - - 10%………...2.0 oz.
Totals: 4 Oils = 100% = 20.0 oz.
2. LYE AMOUNT = 2.69 oz. (5% Super fat)
3. H20 AMOUNT = 6.61 oz.
a. Tea Tree Essential Oil (2.0 % of total oil amount). Amount added at trace = 0.04 oz.
This Tea Tree Soap Recipe uses 4 oils. They are: Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Coconut Oil and Palm Oil. From this combination of oils we can calculate our soap attribute numbers from the Soap-Calc.
1. Hardness of ( 29 ).
2. Cleansing Capabilities at ( 14 ).
3. Conditioning Qualities are at ( 67 ).
4. Bubbly number is ( 14 ).
5. Creamy number is ( 16 ).
6. Iodine is at ( 74 ).
7. The INS number is at ( 125 ).
So what do all these numbers mean? Well, with these numbers we can compare our soap recipe numbers with the optimal range numbers from the Soap-Calc.
So here’s how our tea tree soap recipe fits into each of the ranges.
1 Hardness. Best range is between (29 – 54). The higher the number the harder the soap bar will be. Our hardness number was ( 29 ) which is within the range. This recipe will yield a softer than average soap bar.
2. Cleansing. Best range is between (12 – 22). The lower the number the more mild the soap. Our cleansing number is ( 14 ) which is in range. This will be a mild soap.
3. Conditioning. Best range is between (44 – 69). The higher the conditioning number, the more soothing and softening this soap will be. Our number is ( 67 ) which is in range. This bar of soap will have a greater than average ability to sooth and soften the skin.
4. Bubbly. Best range is between (14 – 46). Higher numbers in this category equate to more bubbly lather. Our Bubbly number is ( 14 ). This is within range. This soap will have less than average amounts of bubbly in the lather category.
5. Creamy. The best range is between (16 – 48). The higher the number the more creamy lather you will have. Our Creamy number is ( 16 ) which means this soap will have less than average amounts of creamy lather.
6. Iodine. The range here is anything (under 70). If your number is below “70” the soap will not go rancid. Our number is ( 74 ) which means this soap could go rancid.
7. INS. The best range here is between (136 – 165). The lower the number the more moisturizing the soap will be to your skin. We have the number ( 125 ). This will be a highly moisturizing soap to use.