Utilizing this plant for your Aloe Vera Soap Recipe is a wise choice. The benefits of using aloe are plentiful.
Aloe Vera is a succulent dry climate plant. The Aloe leaf has a healing gel that helps to sooth chapped or dry skin. It also helps to soothe the stinging effects of a sunburn. It has anti inflammatory properties and acts as a cleansing agent.
This recipe will make a nice soap bar that will sooth and moisturize your skin.
Aloe Vera Soap Recipe:
a. OILS. To make this soap we used a combination of 5 oils & fats for their beneficial properties. Here is the list of the oils including each percentage amount and weight.
1. Canola Oil - - - - - - - %…………... oz.
2. Lard - - - - - - - - - - - %…………… oz.
3. Olive Oil - - - - - - - - %…………… oz.
4. Coconut Oil - - - - - - %…...………. oz.
5. Palm Oil - - - - - - - - %…………… oz.
Total Oils Used: 5 = 100% = oz.
b. LYE Amount = oz. (Superfatted at %)
c. H20 Amount = oz. 1. % Aloe Vera Liquid = oz. 2. % Distilled H20 = oz.
1. Aloe Vera Leaf Liquid ( % of total oil amount). Added Amount = oz. Added at trace.
2. Lavender Essential Oil ( % of total oil amount) Added Amount = oz. Added at trace.
This Aloe Vera Soap Recipe uses 5 oils and fats. They are: Canola Oil, Lard, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Palm Oil. Using this combination of oils and fats we come up with our soap attribute numbers in each category.
1. Hardness of ( __ ).
2. Cleansing Capabilities at ( __ ).
3. Conditioning Qualities are at ( __ ).
4. Bubbly number is ( __ ).
5. Creamy number is ( __ ).
6. Iodine is at ( __ ).
7. The INS number is at ( ___ ).
So what do all these numbers mean? Well, with these numbers we can compare our soap recipe numbers with the optimal range numbers from the Soap-Calc.
So here’s how our aloe vera soap recipe fits into each of the soap attribute ranges.
1 Hardness. Best range is between (29 – 54). The higher the number the harder the soap bar. We had ( __ ) which is on the soft end on the hardness scale. Not a hard bar, but the number is within the acceptable range, it will be a softening and soothing soap bar.
2. Cleansing. Best range is between (12 – 22). The lower the number the more mild the soap. Our cleansing number is ( __ ). This number is within range. This will be a mild cleansing soap bar.
3. Conditioning. Best range is between (44 – 69). The higher the number the more soothing and softening to your skin. We have a number of ( __ ) which is on the high end of the attribute range. This soap bar will be soothing and softening to the skin.
4. Bubbly. Best range is between (14 – 46). Higher numbers in this category equate to more bubbly lather. Our Bubbly number is ( __ ). This is just within range on the bubbly lather scale. This soap will have some bubbly lather but not massive amounts!
5. Creamy. The best range is between (16 – 48). The higher the number the more lather you will have. Our Creamy number is ( __ ). This is going to be a good creamy lathering soap.
6. Iodine. The range here is anything (under 70). If your number is (under 70) the soap will not go rancid. Our number is ( __ ). It’s below the line. The soap will not go rancid.
7. INS. The best range here is between (136 – 165). The lower the number the more moisturizing the soap will be to your skin. We have the number ( ___ ). This just makes it within the range. This soap will have a nice moisturizing quality.